I was turned on to Wordle.net when a colleague used it as the opening slide of a presentation. Since then I’ve used it to create word clouds from various documents and papers I’ve written, mostly for fun, but it does give you an idea of the frequency of words used in a given document. There is a feature to create a cloud from a blog feed, and that’s what you see on the right. Again, this is just for fun, and I really should be doing something else, but I was curious what we were writing about, and it’s mildly surprising. Enjoy, and stay tuned for more tales from the mighty Choptank. We sail at midnight and should have gear in the water by dawn.
Life in the Dead Zone Posts
Join 11 other subscribers
- RT @JimmyBernot: This is a copepod. I thought you should know https://t.co/BQ05oOGcZf 4 days ago
- RT @AlTheScientist: Come intern at my labs hatchery! 4 days ago
- RT @SEAS_Islands: Last week, research students in #PuertoRico visited the @EcoExploratorio museum to learn about #earthquakes! They attende… 1 week ago
- RT @Ant_Partnership: How marine #zooplankton respond to ecological change is key to #oceans, the planet - and us. We're excited to sponsor… 3 weeks ago
- RT @blprnt: With just 11 days left until the World Cup, it's time to answer the most important question: Which country in the tournament h… 2 months ago